I never imagined getting into this med sch was hard.....
I was told last month that, there are usually around 300 applications for the 1X non-jupas degree holders place every year and the majority of them had first class honours in overseas university.
But for last year, the volume of application was greater than ever, as some professors complained about the selection workload. The qualifications of these candidates were even stronger than before. PhDs, Bankers, Oxbridge, Ivy League.. whatever you can think of.
They actually screened through the majority (if not all) of the applications forms and CVs, then shortlisted around 100 candidates for the proposed 10 places.
Not only you need good academic results (which every candidate has), you need much more to get in.
I really have to thank God.
(good news for gradutes is that.. HKU has decided to increase the number of places for degree holders. Since the Dean wants to adopt the US medical school style)
still a student trying to gain more info on med school admissions in hk, would like to thank the owners of this page for creating this website to help. However, as a reader, I'm looking for more constructive advice to be provided regarding tips on a successful app etc instead of data/ boasting about how competitive or hard or such a blessing it is to be accepted...
ReplyDelete